Tested & Approved CompTIA Study Materials
Validate your Skills with Updated CompTIA Exam Questions & Answers
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- CompTIA CTT+
- CompTIA CySA+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- 220-1001 - CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1
- 220-1002 - CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2
- CAS-003 - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) CAS-003
- CAS-004 - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) CAS-004
- CLO-002 - CompTIA Cloud Essentials+
- CS0-002 - CompTIA CySA+ Certification Exam (CS0-002)
- CV0-003 - CompTIA Cloud+
- DA0-001 - Data+
- FC0-U51 - CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- FC0-U61 - CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- FC0-Z51 - CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- N10-007 - CompTIA Network+
- N10-008 - CompTIA Network+
- PK0-004 - CompTIA Project+
- PT0-001 - CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam
- PT0-002 - CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam
- PT1-002 - CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam
- SK0-005 - CompTIA Server+ Certification Exam
- SY0-501 - CompTIA Security+
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+ 2021
- TK0-201 - CompTIA CTT+ Essentials
- TK0-202 - CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer
- TK0-203 - CompTIA CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer
- XK0-004 - CompTIA Linux+
The Computing Technology Industry Association, simply CompTIA, is an American non-profit trade association that offers numerous vendor-neutral certifications, provides sufficient education and training for specialists, and promotes industry growth. Originally, the organization was known as ABCD (the Association of Better Computer Dealers) which was founded in 1982 and later was renamed in CompTIA. Since 2010, its headquarters has been located in Downers Grove, Illinois. Being one of the leading industry’s top trade associations it issues its certifications in more than 120 countries and has already certified more than 2.2 million people worldwide.
The CompTIA offers certifications for candidates with different background and skill levels, thus newbies and experienced professionals can find the right designation for them. The certificates are divided into the core, cybersecurity, infrastructure, and additional professional groups. To become CompTIA certified, you are to pass one or two exams, administered through the Pearson VUE testing center.
1. Core: this group is designed to equip candidates with foundation to build a successful career in IT no matter which path they will choose, either infrastructure or cybersecurity. This group includes the following certifications:
- ITF+: for newcomers to test the waters of IT. It’s known as pre-career certification, and you are required to pass the FC0-U61 exam.
- A+: is a starting point to build a career in IT. It checks your tech skills to deal with various devices and operating systems. Exams to take are 220-1001 (Core1) and 220-1002 (Core2).
- Network+: proves your tech skills to securely complete tasks related to networks on which businesses rely. The exam to take is N10-007 or a new version N10-008 is also available now.
- Security+: equips you with the core skills required to carry out main security functions and build a successful security career in IT. To earn this designation, you have to sit for the SY0-601 exam.
2. Infrastructure pathway: helps you to deepen your skills and increase the number of IT infrastructure roles to which you can apply for.
- Server+: proves your tech knowledge and skills needed to complete various tasks on server platforms. It requires from you to have the A+ certificate and 2-year experience of working in a server environment. To obtain this designation you should sit for the SK0-004 or SK0-005 evaluation.
- Linux+: this designation proves the candidate’s practical experience to work with servers based on the Linux operating system. It’s also recommended to have the A+, Network+ certifications as well as at least 1-year experience working as a Linux admin. The XK0-004 is the only exam you are to pass to gain this accreditation from CompTIA.
- Cloud+: this certification validates the skills and proficiency to securely apply, support, and use cloud technologies. You are to succeed in the CV0-002 or CV0-003 exam. And before opting for the evaluation, you need to earn the Network+, Server+ designations and have at least 2-3 years’ practical experience of working in system administration.
3. Cybersecurity pathway: this track also contains 3 certifications, which help you to upgrade your skills and achieve cybersecurity mastery.
- PenTest+: this accreditation is aimed at intermediate level cybersecurity professionals that deal with penetration testing and vulnerability management. To gain this certificate, you should take either the PT0-001 or a new PT0-002 exam. But, before taking the certification evaluation, you should have the Network+, Security+ designations, and at least 3- year practical experience in information security field.
- CySA+: this certification checks your skills to utilize behavioral analytics to devices and networks to hinder, find, and tackle cybersecurity threats. To earn this certificate, you should pass the CS0-002 exam and to possess the Network+, Security+ certifications as well as have at least 4 years’ experience in the information security field.
- CASP+: is the advanced certification on this track and is ideal for candidates interested in being deeply immersed in technologies rather than being involved in strict management. The ideal candidates for this designation are senior security engineers and security architects. To obtain this accreditation, candidates have to pass either the CAS-003 or CAS-004 exam.
And since it’s an advanced certification, exam-takers should have at least 10-year practical experience in IT with 5 years of hands-on proficiency in security.
Additional Professional group offers certifications that will help you take your career to the next level.
Cloud Essentials+ designation is designed for non-technical and IT professionals. It testifies that candidates are able to make and implement effective cloud technology decisions using fundamental cloud concepts as well as key business principles. To earn this certification, you need to tackle the CLO-002 exam.
Project+ certification proves your skills to start, operate, and successfully complete a project within the given timeframe and budget. Passing the PK0-004 exam means that you are CompTIA Project+ certified professional.
CTT+ designation is intended for instructors to verify that they possess the skills required to be engaged in the training field, that they have knowledge and are able to implement a wide range of tools as well as updated techniques to teach successfully in the current learning environment. Here you need to pass two exams either TK0-201 and TK0-202 or TK0-201 along with TK0-203.